Monday, April 25, 2022

A Superhero Birthday

 What do you get a grandchild who is stuck on superheroes?  

Nate, our 9-year-old grandson (today - Happy Birthday!) loves Spiderman.  So when we researched a gift for his birthday, we discovered s Spiderman mug.  He already had a mug of another superhero that he loves, so we thought this would be perfect.

But what about a card?  

How about this?


This was totally a "love project".  I had no idea how I was going to make it, but I had the ad for the mug to help:


It was actually an easy card to create.  

I started with Real Red cardstock, cut to 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".  Then I merely cut thin Basic Black strips of paper.  I punched a little oval (actually 2 small circles, overlapping) to center the "nose" or beginning of the spider webs, and then attached the 8 straight strips.  Next I used circle dies to cut black circles and fit them in between the black strips, creating a "web".


The eyes were a bit more of a challenge.  I cut one from Basic Black, then flipped it over and used it as a stencil for the second one.  I cut a third, then cut it down to a smaller size, and cut two of them in white.  Easy!


I was actually quite pleased with the outcome; what do you think?  Will Nate know it's Spiderman?  😉


Product List

2 comments:

Gale S. said...

This is awesome! You make it seem so easy, but I would never attempt to do such a thing.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Gale! It really wasn't so difficult, as I had the picture of the mug to work with. I realized it was mostly straight lines and curved lines, so cutting the circles to fit was the hardest thing. Fortunately I have a great set of Layering Circle dies, and was able to "fit" them before I cut them. But it WAS a labor of love...and my little Nate is SO worth it!