Wednesday, March 31, 2021

More Succulents

 Yesterday I showed you a card I made using Simply Succulents, and I have another, completely different one today.


I had a piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock that had been die-cut using the background die from Potted  Succulents that was sitting on my desk.  So I decided to play a little.

First I cut an oval, using the Layering Ovals dies, from the center of the die cut piece (HORRORS!).   I saved it for another card I will show you later this week.  But then I had an oval hole in the center of my pretty die-cut, so I needed to cover it up.  More Granny Apple Green to the rescue.


I cut a rectangle large enough to cover the hole, rounded the corners, and added another Stitched Shape oval (ALERT:  The Stitched Shapes dies are retiring soon; if you love them, get them before they are sold out!).  I stamped the greeting and two of the larger succulents using a masking technique, and colored them with the Light and Dark Granny Apple Green Blends.


The flowerpot and small succulents were stamped and colored, then cut with the coordinating dies and added with Dimensionals.  

I love the way this card came out...but wait until you see the other one!  ðŸ˜Š


Come back tomorrow to see what I did with the oval of background that is missing from this card.  


Product List

2 comments:

Ceresa said...

Priscilla, this card is one of my favorites using this stamp set. Thanks for sharing. Ceresa

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Ceresa! I had cut the middle out of the background die-cut so I needed to cover it up. I really like how it came out!