Monday, March 1, 2021

Getting Two for One

In my February Cards by Mail, I sent out a beautiful die-cut piece using the Potted Succulents dies.   The single large die (one of the 13 dies included in the set) is a full card-front size (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") of intertwining succulent and flower images.  Very pretty.  Each participant was also sent some washi tape, and their directions said to tape the die-cut over a piece of their included Basic White cardstock.  Then with the also-included sponge, they were to sponge ink directly on the die-cut.  Here's what it looked like when the die-cut was removed:

 


My colors were Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay and Mango Melody.  But I told the participants to use any three coordinating inks, so I'm sure their cards looked different than mine.  


Using the die-cut as a stencil left the white die-cut areas ink-free, with the ink in the spaces.  It was easy to complete the card with a piece of ribbon and a label for a greeting.

But then...

Round 2!

Yes, that inked-up stencil then became another card:


Bonus!  Two cards using the same stencil and inks.  All they had to do was adhere the inked-up stencil to another piece of Thick Basic White, add a little ribbon and a greeting, and their card was done!


Maybe I was showing off a little 😉 but I inked up my greeting with the same colors used on the stencil for a little festive fun.  The Stampin' Write markers worked perfectly on my stamp, and added a little extra!

So this is an easy way to get two cards after doing a little work on one - ink the stencil and you have one card, and then USE the stencil for another!  Twice the reward for your work!

Give it a try!  I'm sure you'll love the results!


Product List

2 comments:

Verna said...

These cards are gorgeous. I especialy love the one where the "stencil" was laid over the cardstock and sponged!!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thank you, Verna! That was my favorite too. This die-cut makes a beautiful stencil. I’m going to make more in other colors.