Thursday, April 1, 2021

The Missing Piece

Yesterday I showed you a card I made using the large background die from the Potted Succulents set (you can see it here).  I mentioned that I had cut out an oval from the middle of the die-cut to make a second card.  Well here is that other card with the "missing piece":


 The original die-cut used Granny Apple Green, which you see in the center of this card.  I cut another large background with Basic White, and cut out the center with a Layering Oval die.  


I adhered the cut Granny Apple Green piece to the Basic White Oval and matched it to the white die-cut.

And see that green background?  That was added using the new Blending Brushes and Granny Apple Green ink.  These brushes make it so easy to add a color to your projects; start with a light hand and gradually add more color until you get the shade you want.  The brushes make it easy to blend so the background is "smooth".  



Two small succulents were stamped, colored with Stampin' Blends and cut with the coordinating dies, and the greeting label is another die from the set.  

Just one more way to use your dies with this beautiful stamp set!  


Don't miss Simply Succulents!  This is such a lovely and versatile set, one which I'm sure you'll use for all kinds of cards for many years.  



Product List

No comments: