Friday, March 19, 2021

One Card Three Ways

 I love a good layout.  When you start with a sketch of how the pieces will fit together on a card, it's easy to take off with it.  

My March Cards-by- Mail participants got the pieces to make this card:


Simple, right?  A piece of cardstock (in this case Early Espresso) cut at 4-1/4" x 11" and scored in the middle, with another piece of embossed cardstock (Crumb Cake), a smaller piece of patterned paper (In Good Taste Designer Series Paper), a strip of cardstock the same color as the base, embossed, and a circle.  


The circle was stamped with images from Enjoy the Moment, and was adhered to the card with a "nest" of Linen Thread under it.  

I had a few leftover card packs, so decided these would be perfect for some March birthdays.  Let's take a look and see the similarities:


Same layout, different colors.  This one uses another pattern from the In Good Taste pack with Night of Navy and Smoky Slate.  I like to include at lest two different color palettes with my club cards for those who order more than one pack.  


This is one going to my musician brother-in-law.  The Stitched Shape circle has music notes and a fussy-cut guitar from the now-retired Music From the Heart.  And no "nest".  But can you see how some small changes makes an entirely different card?

And how about this one, for my son-in-law (who likes to share a scotch with my husband):


This one is actually identical to the original, but with a different image and greeting.  


I simply changed out the seed pod and greeting for Whiskey Business, coloring the glasses with Stampin' Blends and fussy-cutting them.  

So the next time you have a good sketch, try altering it slightly and see what you get.  I think you'll like the results!



Product List

No comments: