Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wednesday's "What's On the Desk?"

Does anyone else have a collection of unused card pieces sitting on/around their desk?  I can't be the only one...

Well, I'm moving in two weeks, and need to pack up my craft room.  😓

Last Friday, two off-duty firefighter friends of my husband came over and helped us move two HEAVY pieces of furniture out of my craft room, down the curvy staircase 😮 and into the garage for a moving sale we were having.  I only had 20 minutes notice that they were on their way, so quickly had to pack up 6 drawers and an embarrassingly large number of items from the top of my desk, throwing everything into boxes.

Moving sale over and furniture gone, I moved two folding tables back into the spots vacated by the original furniture, and tried to reorganize the "stuff" so that I could still create for another week or so.  And that meant looking at left-over pieces:



Sitting in the mess that is now my craft room, I decided I needed to make a thank you card for these wonderful, selfless firefighters.  AND I needed to clean up my desk so I had room to create.  Let's see what I did.


They deserve a medal, so I simply added a piece of Navy ribbon to some left-overs.


And they are #1 for lending a helping hand.

Hmmm...needs a "number" sign:





That's better.  

Now what?  Of course, it's a thank you card, so:


I 💗 the Well Written Framelits dies!  I cut out a bunch of "thanks":



and adhered them over and over to the front of the card.  Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets are the bomb when cutting out these letters!

OK, let's see what we have:


Just needed a word (are) using the Labeler Alphabet, and I completed my card.  

And that was what was "on my desk" this week!  

Just a note:  my apologies for the lousy photos!  I had to dismantle my photo station, so any pics I post for the next few weeks will not look very professional.  But I'll be back soon; please bear with me!  😊

Product List

No comments: