Thursday, April 18, 2019

I Spy With My Little Eye...

Wanna see something new?  I just got back from OnStage in Salt Lake City, where Stampin' UP! introduced the upcoming Annual Catalog.

Oooh, it's always SO exciting to see this!


And although I'm in the midst of a big move to another state, I had to find a little time to play.  So here's a simple card, using something new...can you spy the new product(s)?


I needed a quick thank you card for the Davis firefighters, who invited my husband and me to dinner tonight.  We've known several of them for years (my husband worked for the City, and was in charge of the budgets for Police and Fire) and they wanted to say goodbye.  So we went to the station, where they had prepared a lovely tri-tip and chicken dinner (complete with baked potatoes, asparagus and salad!) and we ate between their calls.  It took us nearly 3 hours to finish dinner, as they had to run out on 3 different emergency calls!  But it was so lovely of them to invite us.

So...back to my card.  What do you see that is new?  Let me give you a hint - it's NOT the "Thank You" or the Pinewood Planks embossing folder (on the Soft Suede panel).  And it's not the Rectangle Stitched Framelits; they've been around a few months now.

Ding, ding, ding!  It's the gorgeous new paper - Mosaic Mood.  It's a beautiful, heavy-weight designer paper, with shiny accents.  And I used two of the patterns for the background and the sentiment panels.


I also used retiring paper, Wood Textures, to cut my letters using the Thank You dies (thankfully NOT retiring!).

I liked this card so much that I decided I needed to make a second one, but with a more feminine feel:


Isn't it amazing how two cards can look so different, even when using the same layout?  This time I added an extra Mint Macaron panel (embossed with the Layered Leaves embossing folder) and cut the words three times (in Garden Green, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla) and stacked them slightly offset.


And look at this ribbon!  It's a new Scalloped Lace Trim, coming in June.  So pretty, and ties into a perfect bow!


I'm already loving this new paper, and can't wait for more of my new products to arrive tomorrow.  Except that my craft room is getting packed, so I probably won't be able to play for another week or two!  Yikes!  However will I survive?  😕

Stay tuned for more samples from OnStage; I'll be showcasing them over the next several days.  


And be sure to grab the items on the retiring list that are on your wish list!  They won't be around for long!

Annual Catalog Retiring List here
Occasions Catalog Retiring List here

Product List






No comments: