Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Let's Get Together

I will be moving soon to a new state.  I've lived in Davis, California, for nearly 25 years, so this is a BIG move for us.  But with children and grandchildren spread around the country (and none of them close to us), my husband and I decided it's time to create a new life.  We chose one of the kids (probably the most stable for living arrangements 😕) and have purchased a home relatively near by.

With all the goodbye's we have to do, I thought this card was striking the right note:


I fell in love with Love You to Pieces when I first saw it in the Annual Catalog.  I've used it several times to make cute cards, and even used the Puzzle Pieces thinlits dies to make puzzles for my grandsons.  But it hasn't gotten much love lately, and it seemed right for now.


I started with a piece of Whisper White and stamped the Marbled background stamp, using Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride and Petal Pink inks and a Stampin' Sponge.  After cutting out the puzzle, I carefully assembled it on some Calypso Coral cardstock, leaving out a few pieces.

This was mounted to a layer of Blushing Bride (after a trip through the Big Shot with the Subtle Embossing Folder) and then on the card front.  

And I liked it so much I made another in blue:


Same process, with Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana inks.

I have loads of people to see in the next three weeks; these cards will come in handy!


Product List


1 comment:

Crafty Clarke said...

This is a very cute card. :)