Thursday, April 11, 2019

Change is Inevitable

And sometimes it can be very good!

Let's start with my news.  I am moving to another state.  I've been talking about it for a few weeks, but the big day is almost here.  I've been lunching and brunching with all of my buddies, and as we part I get teary.  But I know that this move will be wonderful for my husband and me, as we are moving closer to one of our children.  With kids spread out across the US, and none of them local to us, we are looking forward to being near at least one family.

And this means that my blog, Stampin' Amigos, is going to be on hiatus for a short time.  I will continue to post updates, but as my craft room is being packed up (as I write this - sniff) I won't have many more projects for you until I get unpacked in my new home.

I am also planning to change the name of my blog to Priscilla's Papercrafts, so in the not-too-distant future, don't be surprised to see a new look when you visit.

Please continue to visit!  😊

And now for other "change" news:

Stampin' UP! has just announced some BIG changes.  At first I was quite surprised, even shocked, but as I began thinking about them, I realized, like my new life in a new state, it's a great opportunity for something new.

What are these changes?




1.  Stampin' UP!'s Stampin' Trimmer is going away.  Yes, you read that right.  One of my favorite tools will no longer be offered in the new catalogs.  And replacement blades and mats will be discontinued as supplies run out.  So if you have a Stampin' Trimmer, you might want to think about purchasing some replacement blades/mats now.

But the good news?  Stampin' UP! is exploring options for a new trimmer.  And if the Stamparatus is any example, I know that whatever they come up with is going to be awesome!



2.  The Big Shot is also leaving!  What?  I NEVER thought I would hear these words.  I've had a Big Shot since Stampin' UP! brought it out 10 years ago, and it's been a staple in my craft room.

But as many of you know, obtaining dies, Framelits and Thinlits, has been challenging these last few months.  So Stampin' UP! has decided to go in a new direction.

Starting with the new Annual Catalog in June, Stampin' UP! will offer a new type of metal die, similar to those with which we are familiar, but slightly thinner and may need a shim to cut with some of the current tools we use (ie. Big Shot).  Embossing folders will also change.  AND Stampin' UP! is looking at a new tool for die cutting and embossing.  So once again, something to look forward to!

Now both of these tools will not be ready in time for the release of the next Annual Catalog, so there will be a bit of a gap before something else is introduced.  In the meantime, you can continue to use your Trimmer and Big Shot just as you always do.  And as soon as a new product is brought to my attention, you can bet I'll be sharing with you!

Change...always disruptive, but so often with positive outcomes.  I have no doubt that my personal change and those of Stampin' UP! will be good ones.  I'm getting excited!


Product List

No comments: