Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Wednesday's "What's On the Desk?"

I'm still in the midst of a big move to a new state.  And my home is still in the midst of a gigantic mess!

So to save my sanity, I retreat for breaks into my craft room, which is in the throes of being taken apart bit by bit but still giving me a little area to create.

Last week I shared a card that I made from the bits and pieces on my desk (see it here), and today I'll show you another card I made from that same mess of scraps.

Reminder of what I started with:


But here is how I created a new card.


I had this "collar" card sitting in my scrap pile; the designer series paper is an old one, so this has been sitting around for awhile.  But I didn't have the heart to throw it away back then, so couldn't toss it now.

Taking some of the bits and pieces on my desk, I added a Stitched Shapes circle, and cut out a smaller circle of Daffodil Delight and the Layering Circles framelits.  And as I was also creating a thank you card for some firefighters (last week's card) I had an extra "thanks", happily in Bermuda Bay, to match this card base.

Let's get started:



I glued down the 4-1/4" x 11" card base to the "collar" (for directions on making a "collar card" see my video here).


I stamped the words from Well Said in Bermuda Bay,


to add to my circle.

But it still needs something:



That's it - a little pop of color (Pumpkin Pie) behind the main image.

Let's put it together:


Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets make adhering the words SO easy!

And here's the finished product:


And that was what was on my desk!

Please note:  my photos are pretty lousy these few weeks during my move.  I had to dismantle my photo station; please bear with me until my new craft room is completed in early May.

Product List














No comments: