Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Flowering Along

Remember this?



I loved playing with the gorgeous Wonderful Floral Framelits Dies and wanted to do it again.  But I didn't want to use the same stamp set (Lovely Lattice).  So I chose another lovely flower from Humming Along, and this is the result:



This started as an experiment with Brusho.  I sprinkled the red Brusho on water-saturated Watercolor Paper and watched as the explosion of color happened.  Once dry, I stamped the hibiscus flower and cut them out using the Hummingbird framelits dies.  Next they were spritzed with a mixture of Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol.  I can't quite get a good photo of the shimmer, but it's beautiful in person!



So when I saw the pretty flowers, I knew I needed a pretty background.  More experimentation:  I cut a piece of Whisper White with the Wonderful Floral Framelits dies, and then I ran the uncut side through the Big Shot with the Lace Embossing Folder for a little extra WOW!



All that was left was to layer the flowers on the card front and sneak in a few leaves.




Can't wait to send this to a special person!





Product List


No comments: