Thursday, March 7, 2019

A One-Sheet Wonder for the Team

Have you ever heard of a One-Sheet Wonder?  It's an idea that I've seen for several years, but never tried it.  Until now.  And I'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner!

Last week I began to experiment with the Bloom by Bloom stamp set.  These large flowers are so fun to play with.  And I created this:


I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock, and randomly stamped the various images from the set, starting with the largest, and eventually filling in the white space with the smallest stamps.

Once done, I cut it into pieces, using this pattern:


And then the real fun began.  In all I was able to create seven cards, each unique and different even though they all used the same basic, hand-made designer series paper.  Take a look:


This uses the 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece, layered on Pacific Point.  The Broadway Lights Framelits gave me the "Wish", and the embossed sentiment is from Broadway Birthday.

Then there's this:


Here I used at the four 1" x 2-3/4" strips, mounted on Call Me Clover and adhered to a Thick Whisper White base.  The Sale-a-Bration ribbon coordinated nicely with the Grapefruit Grove flower and sentiment from Butterfly Gala.

And here's a card using just the 1" x 5-1/2" strip and a pattern that I used last week (you can see those cards here):


This got a little help from the Butterfly Gala and SAB Part of My Story sets, along with Layered Leaves Embossing Folder.

Then I did this:


With the 2-3/4"x 4" piece, I added a Call Me Clover Stitched Rectangle on a Poppy Parade base.  All this needed was a word ("friend") cut with Poppy Parade cardstock and the Well Written Framelits.

I had two triangular pieces to use, so I made these:



Do you see how you can use the same layout, same DSP and still have amazingly different cards?  So fun!

And then I finished with my favorite:


Such a 'happy' card!  Layered on Pineapple Punch and Pacific Point, this card just spells HAPPY!

I had such a good time with these cards that I decided to share my love - with my team.  At my Ink Masters Team meeting on Sunday, we all played with the Happiness Blooms, lots of inks and one sheet of Whisper White cardstock.  Look at them working:





And see their results:

Here's Gail:
And Sally:
And Jan:
And Geanie:
Next is Crystal:

Tani (guess she's shy):
And Bonnie:




They all got homework:  go home with the One-Sheet Wonder Template, cut up your home-made DSP and create your cards.  Then share with me.  

I can't wait to see what they come up with!  

I hope you'll try a One-Sheet Wonder.  See what you can create!  

Product List








No comments: