Friday, November 16, 2018

Team Gifts

Note to self:  when creating boxes with paper, be sure to carefully pack them when flying across the country.

I say that because I'm going to share the BEFORE photos of my team gifts during our OnStage convention in Florida.  The AFTER products were not so pretty 😒

When I am joined at Stampin' UP! events by my team members, it's a tradition to make little gifts.  I love creating treats out of paper, and I came up with three this time, one for each day.

Day 1:  Candy Treats ini Popcorn Boxes


Using the Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper and the now retired 😡 Popcorn Box die, I made some little candy treat holders.  The boxes went together easily, and were decorated with a piece of Burlap Ribbon, a banner cut with the Takeout Thinlits Dies, and a flower and leaf from Tropical Chic cut with the Tropical Thinlits dies.  Isn't that perfect for Florida?


Each box contained a gusseted cello bag tied with Lemon Lime Twist Mini Striped Ribbon.


Unfortunately they didn't look this good when I finally got to hand them out!  I had carefully packed them in a Rubbermaid box, but it got jostled in my suitcase, and the poor boxes were a hot mess!  But my friends knew what they were supposed to look like, and liked them all the same.  😊

Day 2:  Nivea Snowmen

Look how cute these are:


This is NOT my original idea.  I saw it on Pinterest and when I found the little Nivea hand creams at the market, I knew I had to make them!


This is a traditional "diaper fold" packet - take a 6" x 6" piece of Designer Series Paper (I used Joyous Noel) and fold it on the diagonal.  Crease it well with a bone folder. Then pull one pointed end across the front so that the top line is straight; score well.  Bring the other pointed end across the front, on top of the first one, and crease well.  Then just fold down the wider, triangular point to hold the packet closed.


These are the Nivea tins, and I simply punched a 2" circle of Whisper White card stock for the snowman's face.


The eyes are Faceted Gems, colored with my Basic Black Stampin' Blends marker.  The mouth is made with Black Rhinestones, colored the same way.  And the nose is just a snippet of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock.

I love his hat:  I used a label punch with Basic Black, cut it in half, and added a thin piece of cardstock for the brim.  The holly is from Peaceful Poinsettia, colored with Stampin' Blends and cut with the Detailed Poinsettia Thinlits dies.  

And here's what they looked like when I gave them out:

So cute!

Day 3:  Trail Mix Toppers

I got some yummy trail mix from Trader Joes, and simply added a topper:



I cut a large Layering Circle scalloped circle of Blueberry Bushel and folded it over the top of the package of trail mix.  Then I cut another of Granny Apple Green, on which I layered a Stitched Shapes Circle of Whisper White.  This had a sentiment from Waterfront stamped in Blueberry Bushel, and a vase from Varied Vases, stamped in Blueberry Bushel and punched with the coordinating punch.  The flowers are Mango Melody, punched with the Vases Builder Punch, and the leaf/stems are Granny Apple Green.


Happily the Nivea Snowman and the trail mix packaging survived the flight without a scratch!

My Ink Masters team is always happy to welcome new members.  If you would like to save a minimum of 20% on all your crafting supplies, why not consider joining my team?  Just $99 gets you $125 worth of product.  There is never any obligation to demonstrate or sell products - you run your business your way, whether as a business builder or a hobby demo.  I love both!  Click here for details and to sign up.

Products used are listed below; to purchase, just click on a photo and go straight to my online store.  I'd love to be your Stampin' UP! demonstrator!

Product List



No comments: