Sunday, November 18, 2018

Butterfly Gala Sneak Peek

If. you've been following my blog, you know that I recently returned from attending Stampin' UP!'s OnStage Live in Orlando, Florida, a convention celebrating 30 years of Stampin' UP!.  And I got lots of free stamp sets and accessories that will be coming in January in the Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs.

I started playing with a few items, and came up with this card:


This is SO pretty!  Let's break down the elements:

1.  The card base is Basic Black, cut 4-1/4" x 11" and scored in the middle at 5-1/2"
2.  See that gorgeous paper?  That's a FREE offering in the Sale-a-Bration catalog, coming January 3.  It's called Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper, and you're gonna love it!  ðŸ’–
3.  I cut a strip of the butterfly paper to 5-1/2" x 1-1/2", and used the reverse side (the black dots) for the other rectangle.


4.  I first adhered the dotted paper.
5.  I then used an exacto knife to make a slit for my ribbon (that's the Black 3/8" Glittered Organdy Ribbon from the Holiday catalog, currently available) and fed the ribbon through the slit and around the card, tying a bow on the side.
6.  And see that little scallop of black?  I cut it using a retired die, but a small circle punch could give the same effect.
7.  Then I glued the butterfly strip to the side of the card.


8.  Things to note:
     a.  Those butterflies!  Stamped images from the Butterfly Gala stamp set, a two-stamp set with LOTS of butterflies.  I stamped them with Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with Stampin' Blends
     b.  That shimmer!  I added some Frost White Shimmer Paint to a Stampin' Spritzer with 70% rubbing alcohol and spritzed the butterflies.  Beautiful!
     c.  Those pearls!  I added some Pearl Basic Jewels to the bodies of the butterflies
     d.  That texture!  I took a rectangle of Basic Black and ran it through the Big Shot with the Subtle Embossing Folder twice, once in each direction.  It looks like fabric!


The butterflies have a matching punch!  Yowsers and Yippee!   It's the Butterfly Duet Punch, and does double duty, punching out both butterflies at the same time.  What a time saver...and purchasing both in a bundle will save you 10%!

And I love that sentiment!  It's stamped in Tuxedo Black and cut with the Bunch of Banners Framelits Dies, then popped up on Dimensionals.


Inside I stamped the two butterflies and added color with the "two-step" process--matching stamps that fit the images.  I used Grapefruit Grove and Highland Heather on the smaller one, and Lemon Lime Twist with Balmy Blue on the larger one.

I can't wait to share the Occasions catalog with you.  They should be available in December; I will have one for each of my customers.  Not a customer?  I'd love to be your Stampin' UP! demonstrator; contact me for a FREE catalog!



Product List

2 comments:

Sue Heekin said...

Stunning! Well done Priscilla!

Priscilla Ivler said...

Thanks, Sue! Can't wait to use this set in class; it's so pretty!