Sunday, November 11, 2018

Another Birthday

Time for another birthday for another grandson.  Jake turns 6 today.  And I made him a card:



Using the balloon punch with a variety of Designer Series Papers makes a cute and simple birthday card.  Add some letters and it's done!

Let's take a closer look:

I started with a piece of Basic Black cardstock, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", and scored at 4-1/4".  There is a Whisper White layer, 4" x 5-1/4" on top, on which I layered my balloons.  There were punched with the Balloon Bouquet punch, using the Brights and In Colors DSP, in Gorgeous Grape, Pineapple Punch, Blueberry Bushel and Granny Apple Green.  The Bermuda Bay balloon is just a piece of cardstock.


There's a piece of retired DSP along the bottom, using black and white to make the letters pop.  The letters are from the Lined Alphabet set, stamped with Versamark on Basic Black and embossed with White Embossing Powder.  I then cut them with the coordinating framelits and mounted them with Dimensionals.

The "Birthday" is from Lemon Zest and I inked just part of the sentiment using my Black Stampin' Write Marker.

And speaking of Stampin' Write markers, I drew strings on my balloons with the coordinating pens.

And inside:

Broadway Birthday supplied the words, and I punched some more balloons.  I cut the number from the retired Little Numbers framelits, and was done.

No wait!  I wasn't quite done:

We can't have a naked envelope, right?

What do you think - will a 6-year old love this card?  




No comments: