Friday, November 2, 2018

I Know - I've Been Busy!

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted!  l have cards to show you, along with some other projects, but I've been so busy I haven't had time to sit down to write a post.  Sometimes life just gets in the way...

But we celebrated my grandson's 8th birthday last weekend, so I need to get this card out there.  I saw the idea on Pinterest, and was intrigued; and I love the final product:


A rainbow of stars!  😍

It's pretty easy to make - I used my retired star punches, but framelits would work too.  


In rainbow order, I used Real Red, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay, Blueberry Bushel, Gorgeous Grape and Night of Navy cardstock.  The card base is Thick Whisper White, and there's a layer of Whisper White popped up on Dimensionals.


I sponged around the edges of the stars to give them a little tone-on-tone dimension, then adhered them, using either Multipurpose Glue or Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from Happy Birthday Gorgeous, and is stamped in Tuxedo Black.  I also had some retired black Rhinestones, with I sprinkled around the card.

And inside:


Had to make that special!  "Happy Birthday" is also from Happy Birthday Gorgeous, and I punched one more Blueberry Bushel star and added a (retired) Little Numbers "8" to make it personal.

Happy Birthday, Ethan!  

Available products used are listed below; click on a picture and go straight to my online store.

Product List






4 comments:

Ceresa said...

Love this card for an 8 year old!!

Priscilla Ivler said...

Thanks, Ceresa! I love it too - bright and cheery and easy to read!

bonniemon said...

Love the color combo you used! (And it doesn't seem possible that Ethan is 8!!!)

Priscilla Ivler said...

I know, Bonnie! Where does the time go?