Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Continuing the Christmas Parade

Well I had to take a little break from blogging during the Thanksgiving holiday, which was wonderful!  We traveled to Southern California to the home of my sister, and together we cooked for 20, including all her kids/families, my daughter/family and my mother-in-law.  Lots of fun times and great food!

So back to my Christmas parade.  Earlier this month I held a Christmas Card Stamp-a-Stack, and I will continue to show you some of the cards we made.

This was a favorite:


Isn't that beautiful?

I saw a similar card on Pinterest and knew I could recreate it.  Happily the Large Letters Framelits Dies are still available, so you can make it too.

This is a standard 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" card (Tranquil Tide Cardstock), scored in the middle at 4-1/4".  We cut off 2-3/4" from the front (leaving a 1-1/2" flap at the top); then we cut this piece down to 1-1/2" and a 1-1/4" strips.  The larger one was discarded, but we saved the 1-1/4" strip for the bottom front of the card.

Two strips of the Joyous Noel Designer Series Paper was adhered to the front pieces.

Using Copper Foil Sheets we cut the letters using the Framelits.


Then after carefully lining up our letters, we adhered them to the top of our card, using Multipurpose Glue.


The bottom strip was placed along the bottom edge of our card, and the lower edges of the letters were adhered.

We stamped a sentiment from Peaceful Poinsettia along the bottom of the Whisper White cardstock for the inside of the card using Tranquil Tide ink.

Supplies used are below; click on a photo and go straight to my online store.

Product List




No comments: