Sunday, August 12, 2018

Inspiration Sunday - A Tropical Birthday

I'm back with another Inspiration Sunday, and I LOVE this week's card.

I had attended a meeting and the host had put out cookies and napkins, and I couldn't help myself--HAD to take the napkin.  Look:


So I took this home and thought about it - a lot! - and decided to use it as inspiration for my daughter-in-law's birthday.

And here is the card:


How did I do?

I used Tropical Chic for my stamping.  I started with a Bermuda Bay base, and put a little Melon Mambo on the right side and bottom.  Then I took another piece of Bermuda Bay and stamped the "stripes", tone on tone (using Bermuda Bay ink; and I just realized, this stamp is from Waterfront).  


I hand cut a Daffodil Delight "beach" and adhered it over the striped layer.  Then I had some fun deciding just how to recreate the napkin's fun beach scene.

The sun is a 2" Circle Punch of Daffodil Delight, with a Layering Circle of Crushed Curry.


The palm tree trunk was hand cut using Mango Melody, and run through the Seaside embossing folder.

The palm branches were stamped with Garden Green on Garden Green, and cut with the Tropical thinlits dies.


The flowers were stamped and cut with dies, as were the leaves.


The sentiment  comes from Blow Out the Candles (I masked part of the sentiment to just get this part), and was cut using the Classic Label Punch.


So what do you think?  Did I use my inspiration to the best of my abilities?

Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?  

If you'd like to create your own tropical-inspired card, see the products I used below; click on a photo and go directly to my online store.

Thanks for visiting!


Product List