Friday, August 24, 2018

Happy Birthday, Charlotte!

Today is my granddaughter, Charlotte's, second birthday.  Happy birthday, sweetheart!

While I won't be there for her special day, I left her a card to celebrate:


She's my first granddaughter so I had to use pink!  I make cards all the time for my grandsons, but I was thrilled to be able to use a more girlie color.

Flirty Flamingo fit the bill.


I started with a card base of Flirty Flamingo and added a layer of Whisper White.  Then I ran another piece of Flirty Flamingo through the Polka Dot Basics embossing folder and the Big Shot.

Using a now-retired stamp for the number "2", I stamped it with Flirty Flamingo ink and cut it with the coordinating Large Numbers framelits dies - there are just some stamps and dies I can't get rid of!

This was adhered to a Whisper White circle, cut with the Stitched Shapes framelits, using Mini Dimensionals.  


I stamped and cut 12 candles from Blow Out the Candles.  Love the coordinating framelits!  These were arranged in a circle on my card.  A vellum circle was cut using one of the scalloped dies in the Layering Circles framelit set.  This was adhered to the back of my Whisper White circle and placed over the candles, again using Dimensionals.


I finished with a banner; Birthday Banners is the perfect choice for this job--the coordinating stamps and framelits work together to make the banner just right!

So Happy Birthday, little Charlotte!  I can't wait to see you again next week!

Product List









No comments: