Friday, August 10, 2018

An Anniversary Jar

Today is the anniversary of my niece and nephew's wedding.  So of course I made a card:


I pulled out an old favorite, but still current, set - Jar of Love.  I love this one, especially because it has the little "Love" stamp to add to your jar.

I was on a purple kick, so this card uses mainly the new purples, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape.

Let's break it down:


I started by stamping the jar with Smoky Slate ink.  I added the "Love" and also some water, using Pool Party ink.  Then I cut the jar with the coordinating Everyday Jars framelits.

I combined flowers from Beautiful Bouquet and Jar of Love, stamping them in Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Powder Pink.  Then cut the all out with the dies.


The card base is Highland Heather, with a skinny layer of Gorgeous Grape.  I took a panel of Very Vanilla and ran it through the Big Shot with the Basket Weave embossing folder, and then arranged my jar and flowers.  A few sprigs of Very Vanilla were also tucked inside, and a piece of the Gorgeous Grape striped ribbon finished off the bouquet.



Be sure you don't neglect your older stamps.  There is a reason you bought them and loved them. Today was a perfect time for me to give Jar of Love a little more love!

All supplies used are below; click on a picture and go straight to my online store.  Thanks for visiting!

Product List






No comments: