Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wednesday's "What's on the Desk?"

I always seem to have leftovers and tidbits from projects that didn't work out on my desk.  After accumulating a number of pieces, I find it challenging to see what I can make out of them.  

I had a few things on my desk this week from a number of workshops, personal cards I was making and a team meeting that was held on Sunday.  So I started with this:


But I had an idea pretty quickly of what I might like to make; so off I started:


Now my Enjoy Life girl was stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock, so I knew the "Happy Birthday" on a Whisper White background was not going to work, but at least it gave me an idea.

And then I saw this on my desk:


Now we may be getting somewhere...


How about a Soft Seafoam card base (since the Bokeh Dots background behind the figure is stamped in Soft Seafoam)?

But it needs to stand out a little more.  I know - how about some Basic Black, to match the silhouette of the girl:


OK, coming together.  I think I want to cut the thinlits twice - once in Soft Seafoam and again in Black, so they can be layered.


I use a Silicone Mat and some Liquid Glue to sponge the letters:


Then I can adhere the layers together:


Nice!

But I'll need a little texture behind the Happy Birthday:


Whoa!  Too much!


OK, I'm liking this with the Subtle Embossing Folder.


And done!  I just added a few of the retired Glitter Enamel Dots (older colors, but one of them coordinated well with the Soft Seafoam).


And that's it for another Wednesday's "What's on the Desk?".  What do you think?


I love to hear what you are thinking, and read every comment.  Please let me know how you like my card this week.  

And if you want to create your own, I've listed the products used below.  Just click on a picture of the product and go right to my online store.

Thanks for visiting!

Product List



2 comments:

bonniemon said...

LOVE this one! Wow! I see a ton of Pinterest pins in your future! :)

Stampin' Amigos said...

Oh thank you, Bonnie! It came together so easily I was wondering if it was any good. But I was happy with the end result.