Sunday, August 19, 2018

Petal Promenade Birthday

Oblige me for a second:
Happy Birthday, Aly!

My daughter is having a birthday, and I wanted to send her a very special card.  She always sends me cards that make me cry - in a GOOD way! - and I wanted to take the time to make her a gorgeous card.


I'm not usually one for lots of flowers or mushy sentiments (although I LOVE them when they are sent to me!) but I wanted to create something beautiful.  And I think I did!

Let's take a closer look:


I started with a base of Grapefruit Grove.  This is a 5" x 5" square card, so I cut my cardstock 5" x 10" and folded it in half.  Then I took a layer of Lovely Lipstick, measuring 4-7/8" x 4-7/8".  In the center, I used the Layering Squares framelits to cut a square opening.


I took a piece of the gorgeous  Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper, and cut a slightly larger square in the center.  I also made another square of Grapefruit Grove using one of the scalloped square framelits, and cut out the center.

As I put the card together, I carefully placed a piece of Whisper White, on which I stamped my sentiment from Abstract Impressions using Lovely Lipstick ink.  Then the Lovely Lipstick layer with the flowered DSP was added using Dimensionals, centered on the sentiment, and finally I added the scalloped square.  


All this needed to dress it up was a few rhinestone jewels, which I colored with the Lovely Lipstick Stampin' Blends.

I was so happy with the way this card turned out, although it was not an easy card--getting those squares centered and layered perfectly was quite the chore; but in my opinion, definitely worth the effort!  What do you think?


Product List




2 comments:

Rob I said...

Absolutely stunning, I am sure your daughter will love it TFS

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks so much! Yes, she loved her card (and is it OK for me to admit that I love it too?). :)