Monday, May 4, 2015

Happy Retirement!

A good friend and colleague retired yesterday.  We have worked together for 16 years, and she has added richness to my life.  It's hard to see her go (but I am so happy that she's a stamper, and participates in my monthly card clubs!).  She has been a terrific member of my management team (in my real life I am a nurse manager for a healthcare group) so I needed something special from her co-workers and me...here is her card:



We all had fun deciding which animal we are...and the card made her laugh.

Like yesterday's card (see it here), this is a large, square one.  I started with an  Early Espresso base, 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  I then took a piece (5-1/4" x 5-1/4") of vintage Designer Series Paper and cut a rectangle in the front.  This was done (carefully) with my Stampin' Trimmer, as I did not have a die that was the right size. 

 I repeated the process of cutting the rectangle with a piece of 5-1/8" x 5-1/8" Blushing Bride cardstock, but cut the rectangle a tad bit smaller.  Then I layered the striped DSP to the Blushing Bride, leaving a frame of pink inside the DSP.



From the Herd was stamped in Versamark ink on Whisper White cardstock and embossed with Early Espresso Embossing Powder.  Then I colored the animals using the now-not-available Blendabilities. The above frame was placed over this stamped image using Dimensionals, and it was added to the front of the card (also with Dimensionals).

The sentiment was embossed, then cut with the What's Up? punch.  I hand cut another arrow, and added some Pearls Basic Jewels that had been colored with the Blendabilities (darn, I wish they were still available!  But I'm once again practicing with my Stampin' Write Markers and the Aquapainters, as well as with my favorite Blender Pens, so I'll still be coloring).

Finally a little bow was cut using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits dies, and I created a matching envelope with my Envelope Punch Board.


 I'll miss you, Wanda!


All supplies can be purchased here.


What have you created today?

No comments: