Tuesday, May 26, 2015

An Amazing Anniversary!

My parents are celebrating 64 years of marriage today!  Isn't that amazing?  They obviously were made for each other...I salute them today for their love, their perseverance, and the wonderful example they set for my siblings and me!

And of course, I had to make them a card: (and I apologize for the lighting--trying to get it in the mail and just took photos on my kitchen counter!)


I decided simplicity was key this year.  My sister is visiting them on Cape Cod (where they live, 3000 miles from their California kids!) and will take them out for a nice dinner.

My card has a Whisper White base, cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", and folded in half.  I stamped "Happy Anniversary" (from a vintage set, Something to Celebrate) in Versamark ink and embossed it with Gold Embossing Powder--so elegant!


Using two half-inch strips of Gold Foil Sheets on the edges, I added a 1" strip of Gold Fancy Foil Designer Series Vellum (careful to only place some liquid glue under the gold hearts!).

I did the same gold embossing with the fabulous Four Feathers set (retiring on 6/2, so get it now) and cut them out with the Feathers framelits (love! sigh!). 

See that little squiggle of gold thread?

That was pulled from the Gold Metallic Bakers Twine and wrapped around my fingers to make a messy circle--Dimensionals on the back of the feathers holds it in place.


And see that cute little flower on the feathers?  That's a new (sneak peek) embellishment, 2015-2017 In-Color Blossom Accents in Watermelon Wonder--just a perfect pop of color on this gold-toned card.

I added a strip of retiring Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper to the envelope to pull in a little of the pink color, and called it "done"! 

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

All products can be purchased here.



No comments: