Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Disney Birthday

My youngest grandson turned two last weekend.  We made the drive to Escondido, CA to celebrate with my daughter and her family.  They had chosen a Mickey Mouse theme, and I have NO Mickey Mouse stamps (can you believe that?).  So I had to improvise:

What do you think?

The card is large (5-3/4" x 5-3/4"--fortunately I can make my own envelopes with the Envelope Punch Board!), and it came together beautifully.  I started with a Real Red base (using 12" x 12" cardstock), then layered a piece of Daffodil Delight.  Next came a skinny layer of Basic Black, topped with Whisper White.

I used Circle Framelits to cut the head and ears, and then cut letters using the Little Letters Thinlits with primary colors--each letter was cut three times and glued one on top of the other.  This gave the dimension I was seeking.



Once the letters were adhered to the card, I carefully spread Crystal Effects over the top--yes this was dangerous, as it could have dripped all over the card, but it came out just perfect!  WHEW!

The number 2 was cut using Garden Green cardstock with the Perfect Print Numbers Bigz die:

and I popped out a little bow tie using the adorable Bow Builder Punch and some vintage Designer Series Paper.


Of course my envelope needed to match:

Smaller circles  did the trick, and this time I didn't cut multiple letters, but it was very cute.




And we needed goody bags for everyone:


Using the Mini Treat Bags Thinlits I created bags using Basic Black cardstock, then adhered a piece of Real Red to the bottom half.  Some Whisper White "buttons" were punched with the 1-3/8" circle punch and I cut Daffodil Delight banners with the Banners Framelits.  These took a trip through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (so sad to see that retire!).


The tag was created in My Digital Studio and printed on Whisper White cardstock.  They were cut using the Chalk Talk Framelits, and the tag was added to the bag with red clothespins that I purchased in a craft store.


I'm lucky to live close to a Jelly Belly store, and was able to make a special "Mickey Mix" of jellybeans--licorice, Very Cherry and Lemon, tied up in a cello bag with Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.

How very Mickey!

All items can be purchased here.

What have you created today?








No comments: