Sunday, May 17, 2015

Fun Fold Tutorial

Some time ago I posted this card and mentioned that I'd be back with a tutorial on how to make it.  And today is the day...I've been quite busy lately, and had not had time to go back and photograph myself making another one, but yesterday I found some time and here you go:

It's a girl this time, and I started with a base of Crisp Cantaloupe (one of my favorite In Colors, soon to be retiring).
Cut your card base to 4-1/4" x 11", but score it at 2-3/4" from each side:
I then took Calypso Coral, two pieces, cut to 2-1/2" x 4", and adhered 2-3/8" x 3-7/8" pieces of Lullaby Designer Series Paper on top:

These are adhered to the front of the card:

(this photo is actually side-ways, so I could hold it closed to show you the front; here is it the right way):

Set this aside, and cut cardstock (I used Crisp Cantaloupe again) using the Squares Collection Framelits--the large scallop one AND the next size square:

This will give you a frame like this:
which I ran through the Big Shot with my Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (soon to be retired, sniff!).

Also cut one square (same size as above) of Whisper White:

This will fit inside your scalloped frame on the front of the card (it gives it a little more heft--since the frame "moves" you want the extra weight):


 Now here's the key to this fun fold:  add Tombow Multi-Purpose Glue to ONLY one half of your scalloped square:

(hard to see but the glue goes from 1/2 of the left, along the bottom, and up 1/2 of the right).

Now adhere this to the top front of your card (flip the frame over from the way it's pictured--the glue goes on the top half) and add glue to just the bottom half of the square middle square:

and place (with the glue only on the bottom) inside of the scalloped frame:


Decorate/finish your card:


If you choose to add a little banner ("it's a girl!") place it below the middle opening of the card AND be sure to only adhere it on the very edge (under the Candy Dot) or your card won't open. 








Matching cards for boys and girls!

Products can be purchased here.

Try one of these fun flip cards!  They pack an extra punch!




















No comments: