Monday, February 9, 2015

It's a Card in a Treat Bag!

It's Valentine Week, and I've been creating lots of goodies with all my new stuff...I'll be sharing all week.
First up, one of my FAVORITE new toys--the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies!  You've already seen me use it here, but today I'll show you an alternative use for your dies--they don't have to be treat bags...use them as an envelope!
Using a piece of the beautiful Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper, I cut out my bag.  It was easy to add the gorgeous butterfly from the Butterfly Thinlits Dies (cut with Blackberry Bliss cardstock), and the added elements that come with the die.

Then it was on to the inside:
A pretty card, perfect for Valentines Day.  I stamped just the flowers from Love is Kindness, masking the words, and laying the flowers on their side.  They were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, then colored with my Rich Razzleberry and Wild Wasabi Blendabilities.  The greetings (from the now retired Good Greetings) were also stamped with the Tuxedo Black.  Then I paper- pierced two holes and tied my flowers with Linen Thread.  My Whisper White layer was added to a piece of Blackberry Bliss, and then I stapled (using our adorable Stampin' UP! stapler and it's mini staples) a snippet of Blackberry Bliss Stitched Satin Ribbon to the top.

The best part about this is that it can be mailed in a regular Stampin' UP! Medium Envelope! 

Who is getting your Valentines?

All products can be ordered here



No comments: