Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It's Valentines Week

Counting down to Valentines Day, and I've got a number of samples to share with you.  It's actually kind of funny that I've put so much effort into a day that my husband and I don't really celebrate.  Oh, we've had a few Valentines Days that were nice--dinners with shrimp cocktail (yum!) and flowers and (of course) cards (!), but overall we agree that we don't need to recognize a single day of the year to tell each other "I love you".  I mean, honestly, we don't recognize a single day to get mad at each other, right?  LOL!

So anyway, I've been playing in my craft room for several days, and will share all week.  First up:  a treat for my mom.

 My folks live on Cape Cod, 3000 miles away from my California home.  They are being inundated with snow.  My mom loves chocolate; it's her little treat.  When I was growing up, I remember her bringing home one of those large Hershey bars (the really big ones!) after work.  She'd open up one end and break off two squares for me and two for her...I still enjoy thinking about those moments we shared...and I (unfortunately) still love chocolate!

So being snowed in, the one thing she has confessed she is missing is a chocolate bar.  My dad has made a few market runs, and brought back a chocolate donut, and has made her Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa, but she still laments her Hershey bar.  Being the fabulous daughter I am, what did I get her?

A Hershey bar of course!  But I had to make it pretty, right?

I ran a piece of Blackberry Bliss Stitched Satin Ribbon around the bar, then wrapped it in a flattened tube of the gorgeous Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper.  I added a Blackberry Bliss scallop along one edge (I still have the retired Tasteful Trims die), along with a strip of Silver Glimmer Paper

I used the Deco Labels Collection Framelits to cut Whisper White and Mossy Meadow cardstock.  The sentiment is an adorable stamp from the January Paper Pumpkin, and the little flowers were punched with the Itty Bitty Punch Pack using Rose Red, Crushed Curry and Blackberry Bliss, then adding a Rhinestone Basic Jewel.

I'm sure my mom will enjoy her BIG chocolate bar, and knows that I'm sending her some love and hugs from far away.

What are you making for your Valentine?

All products can be purchased here.

1 comment:

bonniemon said...

Aw, I love this idea! Nicely done, good daughter :) !
That combination of papers and embellishments is stunning!