Thursday, February 12, 2015

It's Still Valentine's Week!

Yes, I'm still sharing Valentines...As I mentioned the other day, my husband and I don't really celebrate Valentines Day.  But for some reason this year, I became a Valentines-creating fool!  Was it the fabulous Occasions Catalog?  The January Paper Pumpkin with it's adorable goodie bags (post coming soon)?  Maybe it was left over from my January Card Club, where we made some Valentines...Whatever--I've got a few more days of Valentine love to share with you.

Today I've got a card:
If this looks familiar, it's probably because it's a re-do of a 3D project I did a few weeks ago.  (See that project here).

I wanted to have a Valentine for my Card Club members to make, and thought this would be perfect!  Not pink and girly, but fun and appropriate for anyone.

Using the Stacked with Love Designer Paper Stack, I punched (Sweetheart Punch) four hearts using the black and white side of the paper.  (The reverse has great designs using Real Red, Calypso Coral and Crisp Cantaloupe, with Whisper White--true Valentine colors!).

The Basic Black  base was stamped with some "splots" from Gorgeous Grunge, using Gold Encore ink.  Then we ran the Real Red layer through the Big Shot with the Fancy Fan embossing folder--but we used the "wrong side" on our card.  (The de-bossed side is still the same great pattern, but instead of the raised edges, it has score lines).  A thin strip of Gold Foil Sheets was cut using the Finishing Touches Edgelits, and adhered to the back of the Real Red, which was then layered on the base.

The four hearts are popped up with Dimensionals, and we had fun making embellishments in Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Real Red, and Gold Foil.

But the star is the little bow:
Created using the Bow Builder Punch, it's just enough to dress up this card.

Don't you agree that this color combo is just right for Valentines?  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?

All products can be ordered here.

What have you created today?



5 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Priscilla, what a striking card! I went back to your home decor 3-D piece and see how it influenced the card. They look so different, however, and have identities of their own. I think the white frame defines the 3-D piece. For the card, however, it's the wealth of patterns that strikes me first. You've really embraced that Stacked With Love paper stack. Great work. Thanks so much for joining us for the Watercooler Challenge.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Hi Priscilla. Love the red/gold/black of this card, and the details like the gorgeous grunge around the top. Really well done. I bet your club members had fun doing this.

Bev said...

I agree the bow is the perfect addition to the hearts -- dresses it up! Great idea.

Created by Kath said...

I love the color popping of this card!

Carol Held said...

Love every single element in your card, especially the GOLD, weaved throughout. So pretty!