Thursday, January 15, 2015

Starburst Sayings for the Paper Craft Crew

Time to play with the Paper Craft Crew, who came up with this card sketch:

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 127 #stampinup #papercraftcrew #papercrafts #cardchallenge


And my card:
I started using the largest stamp from Starburst Sayings, stamping it on Whisper White card stock using Versamark ink.  This was heat embossed with Black Embossing Powder.  I then took my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities and created an ombre effect, coloring right over the embossed image:


I cut it out using the coordinating Starburst Framelits, then layered the image over two more starbursts of Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry, both of which were embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  These are popped up on the front of the card, using Dimensionals.

My card base is Whisper White, with a skinny edging of Daffodil Delight under a Basic Black layer.
Next comes a piece of Back to Black Designer Series Paper.

I took a little liberty with the sketch, as my focal piece was so large I couldn't get the banners to fit as they are in the sketch, so I placed them in the top corner.

I finished with Pearls Basic Jewels, colored in the three colors of Daffodil Delight Blendabilities, echoing the ombre effect of the main sentiment.

This card makes me happy!  Does it make you happy too?  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?

All products used can be purchased here.

What have you created today?

2 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Lovely card, Priscilla. The Starburst certainly makes your sentiment "pop". That was a great idea, using both the Daffodil Delight and the Crushed Curry. It certainly does give an ombre effect. Thanks so much for being part of the Paper Craft Crew Challenge this week.

Jan said...

Hi Priscilla, What a happy card! I love your greeting and the way you've coloured it is fabulous! So striking! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew :-)