Sunday, January 4, 2015

Home Decor? Yes, Please!

One of the benefits of being a Stampin' UP! demonstrator is the bi-monthly magazine, Stampin' Success.  On the cover of the latest one, there was framed art with a beautiful Valentine theme.  I had a frame hanging around from last April's Paper Pumpkin, and decided to create my own:

This was easy using the Stacked With Love Designer Series Paper Stack (coming Tuesday in the new Occasions Catalog!).  This wonderful 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" stack of paper has double sided papers, with one side in Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe and Real Red (perfect for February) and the other side in black and white (perfect for all year!). 

I started with a Real Red background, and ran it through my Big Shot with the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder.  I turned the paper over and used the de-bossed side so my hearts would stick nicely.

I punched four hearts from coordinating papers using the Sweetheart Punch.  These are popped up with Dimensionals (there is no glass in my frame).  Then I had fun decorating...

The little Crisp Cantaloupe banners were cut with (sneak peek) the Balloon Framelits Dies.  The Calypso Coral arrow is from the Label Card Thinlits die.  There's a Gold Foil heart, punched with the heart from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, and the red bow uses Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.

But my favorite piece is the bow on the top of the frame:

I (heart) this!  Another sneak peek, this little bow is made from the new Bow Builder Punch, which makes it SO easy to create a perfect little detail.

So what do you think?  Isn't this just the perfect way to decorate for Valentine's Day?  Any frame will do; just size your piece accordingly.


All products can be purchased here.

What have you created today?



2 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great little frame that you created here Priscilla. Don't you love getting the Stampin' Success magazine. Always great ideas and pictures. I've been searching for small frames like these in the dollar store but no such luck yet. Great idea to use the Paper Pumpkin one.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great little frame that you created here Priscilla. Don't you love getting the Stampin' Success magazine. Always great ideas and pictures. I've been searching for small frames like these in the dollar store but no such luck yet. Great idea to use the Paper Pumpkin one.