Friday, January 9, 2015

Throwback Time

Do you remember Etch A Sketch?  The children's toy that only adults with artistic ability could master?  I loved Etch A Sketch, but was NOT an adult and did NOT have artistic ability.  But I COULD draw lots of lines...

Anyway, when I saw this template by Tina Weller on the Stampin' UP! Demonstrator website, I KNEW I had to copy it.  Take a look:


 Is that not the cutest?  And it's really pretty simple to recreate.  I said, "pretty" simple.  Depending on what you choose to stamp for the "sketch".  I decided to make myself crazy...

Starting with Read Red Cardstock, I used a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece and cut out the center using the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits.  This makes a perfect "screen".  Set aside.

I stamped the trees from White Christmas using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Cardstock Vellum.  You must let this dry (patience is not one of my virtues).  Then I inked up the banner (also from White Christmas) and carefully removed the "Merry Christmas" sentiment using a Blender Pen.  This was stamped between the trees.
Once completely dry, I hand wrote "Happy Birthday" using the .01 sized Project Life Journaling Pen.  

Let dry...(whistling to myself...)

I mounted this piece on a layer of Sahara Sand cardstock (adhesive only around the edges to be hidden).
Then I carefully mounted it to the back of the Real Red cardstock with the opening.  This entire piece was then mounted to a Real Red card base.  Two 1" Whisper White circles were punched for each "wheel" and mounted with Dimensionals.  And I stamped the stars from White Christmas on the top of my Etch-A-Sketch and embossed them with White Embossing Powder.

I repeated the look on the inside, using a sentiment from Holiday Invitation.

Can't wait to send this to my nephew--he's turning 22, but is so very young-at-heart, I know he'll just love it!

All supplies can be purchased here.

What have you created today?


No comments: