Thursday, October 9, 2014

Simple Birthday

My mom turned 86 this past week!  Wow!  She lives 3000 miles away from my California home on beautiful Cape Cod, Massachusetts.  I'm going to be traveling there this week for a visit, but wanted to be sure to recognize her special day.  So here's a pretty card, the idea for which I first saw on Stampin' Connection (a private web site for Stampin' UP! demonstrators).  Katherine LaPiane did it in 2013-15 In Colors.   I loved the single layer; the original card was only the stamped center--I decided I needed to add some embellishments.  And my mom loves fall colors...So here's my card:

To make it, you start with a thin piece of paper (I used printer paper from my computer) and cut a hole of any shape in the center.  I used the Circle Framelits, but I've also shown a previous card using an oval (here). 

Once you have your shape, place it over your card front and anchor it with removable adhesive. 

I stamped the sun image from Kinda Eclectic using Hello Honey ink, then stamped the leaves (same set) in Mossy Meadow




Leaving the mask in place, sponge right over the stamped images.  I used Hello Honey in the center, Pool Party for the sky, and Pear Pizzazz around the leaves.  Then remove the mask and see the magic!

The butterfly from Kinda Eclectic was stamped using Tangelo Twist and punched with the large Butterfly punch.  This was added with Mini Glue Dots and some Pearls Basic Jewels gave it a little bling.

I punched some Hello Honey cardstock using the Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch, then covered almost all of it (just the tiny little scallops are left) with Blackberry Bliss Stitched Satin Ribbon.  The sentiment was stamped with Blackberry Bliss and cut out with Bitty Banners Framelits, then popped up with Dimensionals.

And see that tiny little scallop along the bottom?  That was made with the Small Scallop Rotary Cutting Blade and the Stampin' Trimmer--just a cute little detail.

Inside?
I scored around the edge using my Simply Scored, and stamped the leaves in Mossy Meadow.  The "enjoy" was inked with Blackberry Bliss, and it was layered on a piece of Blackberry Bliss. 

Such a pretty card.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

All products can be purchased here.

And let's get creating!



No comments: