Saturday, October 25, 2014

Project Life Holiday Cheer

Starting to get in the spirit of the upcoming season, and made one of my first Christmas cards.  This started as a card for my monthly Card Club, but then I made a few more.  It's an easily-duplicated card, so if you need multiples, why not give it a try?





I stated with a base of Crumb Cake, 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".  I stamped the sentiment from Project Life Holiday Cheer directly on the card base, using Cherry Cobbler ink.

Then I stamped the stocking in Cherry Cobbler, the tree in Garden Green, and the mittens with Chocolate Chip on Whisper White, and punched them out using my 1" square punch.  These pieces were mounted on a strip of Crumb Cake, and punched again with the Scalloped Square punch.

I cut a strip of Designer Series Paper from the Trim the Tree paper stack (Holiday Catalog) and then used my Scalloped Ribbon Border punch to make two Cherry Cobbler strips; these were glued under the DSP.  I then wrapped a piece of Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine three times around the uppermost scallops and tied a little bow.  This strip was then adhered to the front of my card.

I finished by using Stampin' Dimensionals to add the little squares to the front...easy peasy!  And with different pieces of the wonderful paper stack, you can make multiples that all look different:



I can almost hear "Jingle Bells" in the background, can't you?

All supplies can be purchased here.

Let's get creating!


No comments: