Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy Birthday, Matt!

Another birthday--sure hope you aren't getting sick of all my birthday cards!  It's a busy time of the year for our family...and there are more to come.

This week was my son, Matt's, birthday.  He's my "baby" (the baby who has given me two wonderful grandsons!), and I was 3000 miles away for his birthday.  So a special card was in order:

What a fun card!  Lots going on.

The Basic Grey base took a trip through the Big Shot with the Arrows Embossing Folder.  Then the fun begins:

I used the "vintage" Tasteful Trims die to cut the Crushed Curry pinked edges.  These were adhered to a strip of Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper, and this layer was adhered to the card front.

Two banners were cut using the Banners Framelits--Bermuda Bay and Smoky Slate, which was embossed with the Chevrons embossing folder.  See those little staples holding them on the card?  That's the cute Handheld Stapler with Silver Mini Staples from the Holiday Catalog--so easy to use with it's extra-long reach!

Then I had fun choosing sentiments and arrows to decorate the card:  I used Just Sayin' and Project Life Point and Click and the matching Word Bubbles Framelits; the "happy birthday" is from a retired set, but there are many others that would fit.
What's Up? provided the fun arrows, tying in with the Designer Series Paper.

And of course the inside:  Big News and Borderettes were stamped on Whisper White with a layer of Bermuda Bay to finish off this card. 

All items can be purchased here.

And let's get creating!





No comments: