Sunday, October 5, 2014

Happy New Home

My daughter and son-in-law were fortunate to have recently been able to purchase their first home.  I can remember the excitement I felt when I bought my first house, and I know that they are feeling it too.  (Along with the worry about making those house payments!)

I wanted to welcome them "home", so this card was waiting for them in their new mailbox:

A fun card to put together, I started with one of my favorite sets from the Holiday Catalog, Holiday Home.  The house was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored with Blendabilities, and cut out with the matching Homemade Holiday Framelits Dies

I also stamped and then fussy-cut the two trees from the same set, using Early Espresso ink with the Old Olive Blendabilities.  

The card is a square of Blushing Bride, with a layer of Early EspressoMossy Meadow and Pistachio Pudding card stock were hand trimmed to make the hills; they were run through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots and Woodgrain embossing folders to give them some texture. 



Soft Sky was used for the sky; I used a vintage "clouds" embossing folder. 

Of course, a new home is filled with love, so I had to mount the house on a heart of vellum:

I hope they are very happy in their lovely new home (which I get to see in early November...can't wait!).

All products can be purchased here.

Let's get creating!

No comments: