Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween Friends

I've been busy getting ready for Halloween later this week, and will share with you my new group of Halloween friends:


Have you seen the Curvy Keepsake Box dies?  Eeek!  They are to "die" for!  (sorry, couldn't resist).  Not originally on my Stampin' UP! order, I saw so many examples of these cute little boxes, that I eventually broke down.  Now I can't get enough.

So first up are my Halloween pals:

Frankie

Made from Garden Green cardstock I added Perfect Plum "hair", some eyes using the 3/4" punch and the 1/2" punch, the wonderful Project Life Journaling pens (for his mouth) and Gold Foil Sheets with the Word Window Punch for his "bolts".

The Count

The Count is Perfect Plum cardstock with black hair (punched with the 3/4" circle punch).  His ears are the wings from the Bird Punch with a little score to make them stand out.  I used the star punch for his fangs.

Spidey

Spidey is all black; his legs are from two sizes of the square framelits, cut on the diagonal (each square makes two legs) and with a small score line for gluing them.  (I think he's my fav!)

Jack

Jack is cut from Tangelo Twist cardstock, and is the only box with stamping.  I used Work of Art (the single stripe) to create "pumpkin lines" on Jack, then used the retired star punch for his eyes and nose.  I hand-cut his mouth.  I also added a tag, using the tag shape from the Curvy Keepsakes dies along with the Project Life Holiday Cheer stamp set.  It's tied on with threads from the Burlap Ribbon, which gives it great texture.

And now I'm off to make more--giving them as gifts to my supervisor team at work (yes, I have a day-job, sigh).


All products can be purchased here.

Let's get creating!

No comments: