Tuesday, October 14, 2014

And an Anniversary!

So many dates to celebrate this month; I've already shown you some of the birthday cards I've sent (here and here).  Today I'll show you the anniversary card I made for my son and daughter-in-law.  They've been married 6 years (where DOES the time go?), and have blessed us with two adorable grandsons.

A fairly simple card, but I really like how it came out.  I started with a Crumb Cake Note Card (with envelopes).  This is a great way to cut your preparation time, as the note cards are ready to mail.  However, I had to doctor it up a bit...

Check out the cross-hatch background.  I took a slightly smaller piece of Crumb Cake card stock and ran it through my Big Shot with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder.  Then I turned my card stock over and ran it through again, making a "plaid".  Just a little extra texture.

I then added one of our Tea Lace Paper Doilies, cutting it in half, and overlapping slightly so it would fit on my card.  This was topped with my new favorite ribbon--Burlap, flagged on each end. 

A Blushing Bride heart was punched with the Sweetheart punch and given some texture with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, and then a Crumb Cake arrow (from the Label Card Thinlet) was popped up using skinny pieces of Dimensionals.


I finished off the card with a sentiment stamped in Crumb Cake and mounted on a label from the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits. 

A sweet card for a very sweet couple. 

Happy Anniversary Matt and Sarah!

All products can be purchased here.

And let's get creating!

No comments: