Monday, September 8, 2014

What a Wreath!

So yesterday I introduced you to our beautiful new photopolymer stamp set, Wondrous Wreath.  See that post here.

I wanted to keep playing with this, but wasn't really ready for Christmas yet, so decided to focus on autumn (even though it's still in the 90's here!  Guess that's wishful thinking!). 

Here's my card:
This is SO pretty in real life; my photo doesn't quite do it justice!

I first stamped the wreath with Tangelo Twist, layering on the Chocolate Chip second layer.  The berries were stamped in both Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow, for a little more color.  My wreath was cut out using the matching Wonderful Wreath Framelits dies (so easy!). 
I took some Burlap ribbon, cut the seam off one side, and pulled out three of the threads.  I used these to tie a bow, added a length of Gold Sequin Trim and added it to the wreath.

OK, now for the "mia culpa"--yes I used contraband!  A retired framelit from last year...but the word "thankful" just fit my  card, so I HAD to use it!
My wreath was popped up with Dimensionals on a piece of Mossy Meadow, which took a trip through my Big Shot with the Woodgrain embossing folder, inked with Mossy Meadow (just drag your ink pad lightly over the top).  Then I snipped one more piece of the Burlap ribbon and added my sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners

The card base is Chocolate Chip, and there's a middle layer of Gold Foil Sheets and a few individual gold sequins for some shine and glitz!

All products used (oh, except for the "thankful" thinlet--sorry) can be purchased here.

And let's get creating!





No comments: