Monday, September 15, 2014

Same Card, Two Variations

Sometimes you find a template that makes it easy to reproduce projects.  Here's a card I made, and liked so much, I made another!
This is a simple, yet classy card.  I started with a stencil; using my Big Shot and the Oval framelits, I cut the oval out of a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of printer paper (you really need to do this with a thin piece of paper).  Although I would usually use the piece I cut out (the oval), in this case I tossed that and kept the larger paper with the oval hole in it.

I used some temporary adhesive and placed my stencil over my Naturals White cardstock; then I inked up my Dictionary stamp with Sahara Sand and stamped it right over the stencil (in order to get as much of the stamp showing as possible, it's important to use the thinner paper, like printer paper instead of cardstock). 

Once the mask was removed, I inked the flower stamp from Love & Sympathy, using Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry, and Tangelo Twist markers.  This was stamped right over my stenciled Dictionary.

The base is Naturals White; there's a very tiny layer of Crushed Curry, punched with the Dotted Scallop Edge Punch.  Then a layer of Mossy Meadow, and then my focal point, wrapped with a piece of Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon (love this!!).  Some paper-pierced corners, a flagged banner,and done!

But I liked it so much, that I used the same basic idea to create this:

Same stencil, same color scheme, same layout...different flowers (from Happy Watercolor, sadly retired) and colored using my Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities, along with my Mossy Meadow marker
I also added some tiny Pearls Basic Jewels to each flower after coloring with Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities--so versatile!  The sentiment is from And Many More--a perfect addition to your stamp stash, as it has so many sayings!

So what do you think?  Do you like the differences using the same layout?  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?

All supplies can be purchased here.

And let's get creating!





No comments: