Thursday, September 25, 2014

Got Treats? A Cute Gum Holder

When I was starting this post, I was trying to think of a good title...a cute gum holder?  Made me think of false teeth and something to keep your gums in!  Yowsa!  I must really be tired tonight!

So on to the project.   Over the weekend I participated in another Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop.  Here are my projects, and I have been posting the "how-to's" for the past few days.  You can see those ideas here and here.


Today I want to show you how to make the pack-o-gum holder:
This is a VERY simple way to dress up a pack of gum, using only a few supplies.  Starting with a strip of Bermuda Bay cardstock, measuring just a hair under 2" x 11", I punched one end with the Scallop Tag Topper punch.  I then measured my pack of gum and ended up cutting off about 1/2" from the strip of cardstock; then I punched the other end with the same punch.

I used a pen to mark the edges of the gum pack onto the Bermuda Bay strip (on the inside), creating guides for scoring.  The strip was scored and I cut pieces of Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper to fit each section.

I tied Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon to close it up (I did use some adhesive on the bottom of the gum pack so it didn't fall out), and added a little tag (stamped with the bat and the "boo" from Project Life Holiday Cheer, and punched with the 7/8" Scallop punch).

A strip of sequins from the September Paper Pumpkin kit adds some bling...and it's done!

How do you dress up your Halloween treats?

All supplies can be ordered here.

And let's get creating!



No comments: