Friday, September 26, 2014

Got Treats? Final "How To"

Thanks for joining me once again, as I give you the "how-to" of my last treat packaging idea.  Remember this post, and the ideas:
All week I've been describing my creations, and today is the final one--my homemade treat container:
This was my favorite project, and the one I had the most fun creating.  I started with a Stampin' UP! embellishment holder.  These sturdy plastic containers have tops that snap on tightly.  I started by covering the outside of the bottom with Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper, and also glued a skinny little strip around the top edge of the container.
I then took a 5" piece of Window Sheet and rolled it (I played a little with the length so that it would fit snugly in the base) and used a piece of Sticky Strip to create the clear cylinder.  This was then sticky-stripped to the inside of the bottom container.

Adding the top, I then tied it all up with gorgeous Tangelo Twist Stitched Satin Ribbon.  But it still needed something...
...a label of course!  Project Life Point and Click had this great word bubble (which matches perfectly with the Word Bubble Framelits); it was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Then I stamped the bat from Project Life Holiday Cheer and the sentiment from And Many More, and cut it out with the framelits.  A Crushed Curry 2" circle punch for the "moon" behind the tag, and it was "stood up" with a piece of Window Sheet:
Won't this be a great treat holder for the upcoming holiday?

What do you use to package your treats?  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?

All supplies can be purchased here.

And let's get creating!



No comments: