Monday, February 10, 2014

Thinking of a Friend

A friend, and fellow-stamper, has recently undergone quite a serious surgery.  I've been sending her good wishes, and this is my most recent creation:
This started with the Smokey Slate polka-dot piece in the middle.  Have you seen the Happenings Simply Created Card Kit?  This fabulous kit comes with everything you need to make 15 cards...and not just any cards, but really cute ones!  It's a great gift for a beginning stamper, for the person who loves to create but doesn't have much time, or for someone who wants to purchase an item at the Stampin' UP party you are hosting, but doesn't know where to begin {*grin*}.


Anyway, the kit comes with Whisper White card bases and three different Smokey Slate layers--one with stripes, one with large polka dots, and the one shown here, with small polka dots.  There are also die cut shapes, banners to stamp (stamp is not included), silver Glimmer Paper banners, Silver Baker's Twine and buttons...like I said, EVERYTHING you need to make some super cards.

But I like to be different.  So I took the Smokey Slate layer, and created this card instead.  It's mounted on a piece of Whisper White, and then adhered to the Midnight Muse card base. 

The stamp from Embellished Events was stamped using Gumball Green ink on Whisper White, and framed with the smaller filmstrip from the On Film Framelits, cut from Midnight Muse.  A banner, stamped with the sentiment, was added, and then the In Color embellishments were placed, using Mini Glue Dots.  Cute, huh?

I think this will bring a smile to my friend's face!

Let's get creating!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for playing IN{K}SPIRE_me. I like your card.

Andrea und Annemarie said...

I like how you used the flowers and how you put them into the frame! Thanks for joining us at IN{K}SPIRE_me's Valentine's challenge! ~ Annemarie