Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Swinging Valentine

I have a granddaughter who loves to send me one-word texts:  "Hi"
She frequently follows it with lots of colorful hearts (she's 7). 

So when it was time to send her a Valentine, I thought this would be perfect:


The Label Card Thinlet comes with a few words to cut:  'Hi' and 'I {heart} U'
--these were perfect for each side of my swinging label.
 


 

Using the Labels Card Thinlet die, I extended the right side, creating a flap to open.  Start with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of cardstock (I used Crisp Cantaloupe), and feed the right side of your paper over the top of the thinlet, with the left side under the left of the die.  When you cut the die, it "scores" it in just the right place to make an extra panel.

The pretty Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper (FREE during Sale-a-Bration!) gave me my color palette.

 So do you think my granddaughter liked her card?

Let's get creating!


No comments: