Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Dig My Grandsons

I've been posting Valentine's cards this week, and yes, I know I'm late.  However, I didn't want to take a chance that my grandchildren would see them before they got them in the mail...and I think you could use these ideas (layouts, colors, stamps, papers) for cards of any occasion.

So here is the card I made my two young grandsons (one lives in Northern CA and the other in SoCal, so I didn't worry about them getting the same cards!).

I let the Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper choose my color theme--Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Tango and Coastal Cabana.  Then I used the Deco Labels Thinlets to cut a hole in the front of the card (I did this in two steps, as the thinlet is not "deep" enough to cut through all three layers).


Isn't that sun perfect?  It's cut with the Starburst Framelits, and I punched clouds using the Cupcake Builder Punch--these were run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  

The "hill" is just torn paper, run through the Big Shot with the *FREE* Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (*FREE* during Sale-A-Bration with any $50 order).  My truck was stamped using "I Dig You" (retired, but one of my favs) and fussy cut, then popped up on Dimensionals.  Two hearts were cut using the Hearts Framelits and Champagne Glimmer Paper



Happy Valentine's Day, Jacob and Nathan! 

Let's get creating!

No comments: