Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Special Valentine

For my January Card Club, I wanted to showcase a Valentine's Day card, but really wanted something different.  I had seen a black and gold card, and it got the old creative juices flowing.  Before I knew it, a card was born:
I started with a Basic Black card base.  The "skid marks" from Gorgeous Grunge was stamped using Versamark, as was Off the Grid.  These were then heat embossed using Gold Embossing Powder.  Then the fun began!

I added an "arrow" using the beautiful new Fancy Foil Designer Vellum (comes with three patterns--gold stripes, gold polka dots and gold hearts--it also comes in Silver) and a strip of the Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape.  Then I heat embossed the heart from Language of Love on Basic Black cardstock, again in Gold embossing powder, and punched out with my Heart Punch

I also punched two Gold Foil hearts, embossing one with the Stripes Embossing Folder and the other with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.  These were popped up with Dimensionals.

Finally the stamp from Happy Watercolor, "psst..." was stamped in Black Staz On on Very Vanilla, cut into a banner shape and popped up with Dimensionals.
The inside is very simple:
From Express Yourself

This one is for my husby--I know he'll like it!

Let's get creating!




1 comment:

Andrea und Annemarie said...

Wow, this is a great card! And it would perfectly fit this week's IN{K}SPIRE_me colors ;-) I'd be so flattered if you joined us there! ~ Annemarie