Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Time for Sympathy

My daughter-in-law's Grandma Millie recently passed away at 90-years young.  I'd met Millie on many family gatherings, and I know she'll be missed.

I happen to be one of the luckiest mothers-in-law I know, as I consider the parents of both of my DILs friends.  So when I heard about Millie's passing, I knew I had to send a card to the family.

I saw a card like this on Stampin' Connection, a demonstrator-only website, and decided it would be perfect as a sympathy card.
The Hardwood background stamp is so beautiful!  I truly looks like a wooden fence or door or side of a barn.  Stamped in Early Espresso on Sahara Sand cardstock it became a delightful background for a lattice of flowers.  The lattice is punched from the Chevron punch; two strips were layered to create the fence.  This is then decorated with a bunch of Petite Petals in Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe and Daffodil Delight, all punched with the Petite Petals punch.
Leaves of Garden Green were cut, using the Little Leaves Sizzlet (love this one!) as well as from the Bird Punch
One of the framelits from the Chalk Talk set was just the right size for my sentiment, from Love & Sympathy.  Stamped in Garden Green on Whisper White, it's then layered on Garden Green and Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock, all cut from the same framelit (can you guess how I layered them?  Just cut the colored ones in half and line them up). 
Now because I let the flowers run off the edge of the card, I had to make a slightly-oversized envelope.  Have you seen the Envelope Punch Board yet?


This nifty little tool is one that MUST be part of your collection!  It makes envelopes in 66 sizes!  From small to large, just about all your envie needs will be met! 
So easy to use!  Choose your envelope size and note the "paper size" column; cut your paper and
use the lines to place, punch and score your envelopes.  So easy!  And you can make your envelopes to match your cards (as I did here using the Regals Designer Series Paper Stack in Garden Green). 

The Envelope Punch Board is not in our annual catalog yet, so if you are interested, head over to my on-line store and enter Item Number 133774; just $19.95 for one of the coolest tools you'll own!

Let's get creating!





No comments: