Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Cute Animal Week (and Sneak Peeks)

 How about some cute animals this week?  The new January - April 2024 Mini Catalog will be live on Thursday, January 4th, and there are some really cute sets featuring animals.  So let's take a look this week.

First up:  Cutest Cows


Now I don't usually purchase sets with animals - just not my thing.  BUT, when I see animals as cute as these cows, I cave...


I mean, how can we resist?  

Now, I DID copy part of this card from the internet.  Another demo had posted cards with the cows and puns, and this "HERD it's your birthday" was one of those puns.  But as I needed a birthday card for a friend who will certainly appreciate this, I stole borrowed it.  

Cutest Cows is a part of a bundle, with stamps and a punch to build your cows.  There are three different bodies and three heads.  But you can also punch the cows without stamping them - there are pieces to build your cows with or without stamping.  So fun!


I used a few retired products on this card - the background DSP is from the now-gone Merry Bold & Bright pack from the holiday mini catalog.  But I knew it would be perfect as a birthday paper.   

I used a Blending Brush to create the sky, and added some Granny Apple Green with a Blending Brush for the hills.  The clouds, balloons, party hats and fence are from retired dies (Sheep).  

The cows were stamped and colored with Stampin' Blends, then the brown cow and both heads were punched with the punch.  I fussy cut the gray cow's body.  (Hint:  although I love coordinating punches, they are limited in what they can do - these cows are quite easy to fussy cut; you don't NEED the punch).  

And inside:


I printed the black words on my computer, but stamped the "Happiest of Birthdays" from the Throughout the Year (good news!  This set is being carried over from holiday mini, and is still available).  

Cutest Cows and the Cutest Cows Building Punch will be available on Thursday.  Pick them up for some really cute cards!  



Product List

No comments: