Tuesday, December 26, 2023

NOT M.I.A.

No, I'm not missing...just busy!  On top of hosting two holiday parties earlier in the month, I had birthdays to celebrate and then traveled to California for Christmas!  I'm still there, but wanted to show a few cards I've been showcasing on my Priscilla's Papercrafts Facebook page.  If you haven't visited, you may want to check it out, as I post regularly there.  

Anyway, here are two recent cards, one for my mother-in-law's birthday, and the second for my husband's.  


 I had recently pulled out Cheerful Daisies for another card, and had forgotten how much I love it.  So it seemed fitting to use it again for my mother-in-law's 96th birthday!  


I happened to have a few stamped daisies on my desk from the other project, so it was easy to add layers in Basic White and Boho Blue.  I love this color with a pop of Parakeet Party!


The white frame was cut with the Darling Details dies, popped up over a piece of Countryside Inn DSP.  And I heat-embossed the greeting in white.  So pretty!

Then I made another card for my hubs:


As he's a musician (guitar and bass) I grabbed my Rustic Icon dies (now, sadly, retired - but I keep it for the guitar!), and cut the image with Pretty Peacock cardstock.  Paired with Copper Clay and Earthen Elegance DSP this made a "manly" card.


I thought the music-note background would be perfect.  And then layered it on some Pretty Peacock-colored DSP from the pack.  This was then added to another piece of Earthen Elegance for the background.  


But before adhering it all, I wanted to add another element in copper, since I heat-embossed the greeting.  Chic dies to the rescue - the "fishnet" die with Copper Foil was perfect!  

And inside - I hated to waste the inside cut-outs of the guitar:


I hope you'll pop on over to my Priscilla's Papercrafts Facebook page - you'll find more inspiration and samples on a more regular basis.  But if you prefer to visit here, I'll still be around; I truly appreciate my friends and customers and will continue to find the time to post.  Thank you!


Product List

No comments: