Thursday, July 20, 2023

Long Time, No Post

 My apologies!  It's been over a week since I posted last, but I've been prepping for classes and Cards-by-Mail, and, as I do it all myself, it's been tough to get anything else done.  Besides, I don't like to post my cards until the class attendees have seen them - that little element of surprise is always fun.

But the class is over and the Cards-by-Mail should be arriving today and tomorrow, so...


This little Z-fold card was one we made in my in-person class.  It uses a bit more than usual patterned paper, and I didn't have enough for everyone, so it was just for those who attended my class.  But isn't it pretty?

We used a Moody Mauve card base.  Moody Mauve is a dusty pink, one of the 2023-25 In Colors.  And the Designer Paper is the Fresh as a Daisy paper, which features Moody Mauve as one of the colors.  


When cutting cardstock for the base, you can actually get two cards from one sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" paper.  Holding the cardstock in landscape mode (the long edge at the top and bottom), measure up 3" from the bottom left-hand corner, and 3" DOWN from the top right-hand corner, making a small "tick mark" at each measurement.  Then insert your paper into your trimmer and cut from one "tick mark" to the other on the diagonal.  

Score your cardstock with the long straight edge (not the diagonal side) in your trimmer, scoring at 3" and 6-3/4".  This creates the "Z" fold.

You'll want three pieces of coordinating patterned paper - one piece measuring 4" x 5-1/4", one measuring 2-3/4" x 3-1/2", and a final one that measures 3-1/2" x 4-1/4".  The middle-sized piece should be a coordinating color or pattern, different from the smallest and largest pieces.  This piece goes on the BACK, center panel of the card.  

You will also need a Basic White or Very Vanilla piece that measures 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" for the middle panel, where you will write your message.


This card folds to fit in a standard Medium Envelope.  

Wouldn't you love to receive this pretty card?

Products used are listed below; click on the picture to go directly to my on-line store!


Product List

No comments: